Allison Creek Farm is excited to announce a new educational series! Come out to the farm to learn Horse Care 101 with all your favorite horse locals. Some classes, seminars, or workshops will be taught by us, others by the appropriate professionals. Cost will vary, hopefully with a few free ones!
Some of the topics we are considering include:
- Vet: when to call the vet; vaccines; dental floats; deworming
- Farrier: whens and whys of shoeing; hoof care and common problems
- Breeding perspectives: vet, stallion owner, mare and foal owner
- Saddle fit for both english and western disciplines
- Buying a horse
- Barn management: erosion and mud; grasses and hay; common local plants that are poisonous for horses; fencing; shelter
- Basic horsemanship demonstrations; working with youngsters
- Hauling: trailer safety; hauling and backing workshops
First event: Rope Halter Workshop – March 8th (link).
Do you have topic to suggest or questions? Comment on this page, email Amanda: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call her at 706.338.1358.