October 29th (10a-5), October 30th (9a-1) at Allison Creek Farm.
Mike Branch’s clinics help students set and reach new goals as well reiterate communication between horse and rider. The format laid out is not a beginner arrangement. However, no rider is expected to know, or have mastered any of the proposed exercises prior to attending the clinic. The clinic is intended to point or guide you into the next phase of you and your horses journey together. “Mastering” each technique may or may not happen, it is a road map, if you will to yet another place for you to set a goal to attain.
Ground Work with saddle:
- Lateral Flexion for a Soft Head and Neck
- Vertical Flexion for a Soft Poll
- The Wrap Around for a Soft Feel Throughout the Body
- On-Line Circling for Impulsion Through Transitions
- Understanding the Importance of Flexion
- Rein and Leg Position and Authority
- Picking Up Flexion on the Circle
- Serpentine for Feel at the Walk
- Feeling Your turns
- The Cloverleaf Pattern for Feel
- Flexion Check
- Warm-Ups on the Cloverleaf
- Warm-Ups on the Serpentine
- Transitions from Walk to Trot
- Trotting the Serpentine
- Trotting the Cloverleaf
- Transitions to Canter
- Simple Lead Changes
Mounted work should be done in a snaffle bit or bosal.
- Participation: $275 for the weekend
- Audit $20/day or $35/weekend
- Stalls: $20/night
Registration is full. Any requests for participation will be added to the waiting list, and will be contacted in the event of a cancellation. Please consider volunteering (we need 2 people), or joining us as an auditor.